E Mail Attachments; unable to open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a new laptop from Dell which had Corel X software on board, but only as a trial for 60 days, then they wanted £60+ for full installation. As I am not an avid photographer I binned it!
I bought a small Kodak digital camera at Xmas so I loaded their software together with Teso PhotoRestyle (£9.99).
When I receive E-mails with pictures in attachments (jpeg/gif) I can see the pictures in the message but when I try to open attachment, which has the Kodak symbol next to it, the following message appears:

"The file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in Folder Option control panel"

In my old PC with PhotoExpress I had no problem, this PC unfortunately died and went to the scrapyard in the sky. What do I need to do to overcome this and be able to open these type of attachments.

Sponsored Links
Also make sure that the program you select can indeed open jpg's you may have to download a jpg viewer program

Sponsored Links
just select windows fax and picture viewer, and select for that program to always open that file type.

Thank you for all the replies I finally cracked the problem by going into Control Panel, drilling down to File Options where I found the differing "picture programmes" ie, jpeg,gif etc showed to be attached to EasyShare software, Kodak. By opening up I found I could change this to Windows Fax & Picture did so and everything works as it should do. Talking to an IT guy at the match today he tells me that Kodak is forever attaching itself to programmes as default when there is no need for it.

Back