earth wire too short to connect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am fitting a ceiling light but the earth wire from the ceiling is too short to reach the connector, is it ok to connect this to a terminal block and then use some more earth wire to connect up to the lighht.

Also with another light I have too many earth wires to connect to the block supplied with the light, can i use a larger block to fit these wires and then run some earth wire to fit in the block supplied with the light

Or any other suggestions
Thanks

Sponsored Links
mjjohnson79 said:
i am fitting a ceiling light but the earth wire from the ceiling is too short to reach the connector, is it ok to connect this to a terminal block and then use some more earth wire to connect up to the lighht.
Yes, on the provision the terminal block is adequately rated and the wire is at least the same size of the existing wire. Also keep thermoplastic block away from heat sources.

Also with another light I have too many earth wires to connect to the block supplied with the light, can i use a larger block to fit these wires and then run some earth wire to fit in the block supplied with the light

Seems reasonable, same as above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back