Easter...................

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How bad is this............I have forgotten the Easter story :eek: :oops: :oops:
Not been to Church for donkeys years (what a philistine I am!!)

I know that Good Friday signifies when Jesus died and Easter Monday is when he rose a.........but what is Easter Sunday all about?.......and why do we eat fish on Good Friday?

Can anyone put me right re this please.........?

PS When are we supposed to eat meat and have Easter Eggs

Sponsored Links
j.c. died on the cross on good friday and rose from the dead on sunday. don't know what monday's all about though.

OK then, as far as I am aware. The Easter bunnies stay up all night on the Thursday before Easter and bake lots of hot cross buns for the daddy bunnies to eat (they contain bunny currants you see).

Then on Saturday night (tonight) they go out and steal all the eggs from the chocolate chickens and ducks and leave them for their babies. If Mummy bunny is very lucky she might get a bunch of easter flowers as a thank you from he daddy and baby bunnies.....

I think they eat the meat when all the buns and choccy is gone.

What.....?????? You mean that's not the real story?

Sponsored Links
i think the fish on fridays is to do with fasting. to do without meat and eat paupers food (fish) was considered fasting, wich was carried out on wednesdays and fridays.

Crucified Friday 9am just after breakfast.
Died Friday 3pm about tea time (earl grey & a nice hot cross bun)
Resurrected Sunday just after lunch I presume although no-one knows for sure.
Monday is just a holiday so you can recover from the binge scoffing of all that yummy chocolate :D

Dellsmp said:
Resurrected Sunday just after lunch I presume although no-one knows for sure.

AFTER lunch? He probably had a secret stash somewhere. After all the motto is 'Jesus saves' is it not? ;) :LOL:

LMAO Typical bloke. My hubby is up about 6am on weekends (mad or what?) but usually just slobs around watching tv. He made me laugh the other week when I got up. He announced 'I've done the veg for you' as if I was the only one eating dinner.... :rolleyes: :LOL:

lol nice to have a giggle :LOL:
too much argueing on here tonight!
I cant get wound up enough to bother on the other posts tonight,so as soon as the mrs gets back with my beer (open) and supper, cheese toasted to perfection with a dollop of lovely chutney, I'll read the rest and catch up with the banter, as longs as it doesn't get deleted :LOL:

Don't you have squeezy Branston on your cheesy toast? Wish you hadn't mentioned cheese on toast. you'll have me in the kitchen doing some in a minute :LOL:

Aaaaargh Branston is owned by Crosse and Blackwell, and we all know the horrid banned substances they put in our food :evil:
Enjoy your cheese on toast :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back