efli for old circuit breakers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not exactly DIY but someone on here may know.

come across some old circuit breakers/circuits. the breakers have no BS number and are by an american firm, fed electric. when checking efli compliance of these circuits where do you get values from as bs7671 does 60898 mcb's only.

do you treat them as 3871's?

ps, i know they are now against regs but would like some max loop values for them.

Sponsored Links
You can't treat them as anything, you really need to know what their magnetic setting is to work out the max efli.

Sponsored Links
stablokside.jpg

stablokfront.jpg

Like this one?

There is no type no. or BS no. anywhere on the one I have infront of me :confused:

similar rf.

ones i 'have' are triple pole and have a red lever. yours look slightly older. mine have type 4 written on some. and a '' manufactured in accordance with....... loads of what look like american codes, numbers''

so how do you know the max efli? have had a scan on a few web sites to no avail, and i understand the company in question went bust more than a few year ago.

It is impossible to tell without there being a BS number.
Just on the very slight offchance it is a BS3871-1, according to the OSG BS 3871-1 type 4 requires up to x50 hence a 15A requires 750A to disconnect, efli 0.32ohms @ design temp. That can't be right can it?

cheers for that guys. not looking promising for those circuits is it! :LOL:

if they are to an american standard then you need to find details on the american standard in question.

thats a federal electric stab lok breaker.comes in types NA & NC. probably not much use to ya though ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back