eight megabit!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now all thats slowing me down is DIYNOT's server! :LOL: Honestly, I think they're on a 512Kb line or something! :LOL: It comes to something when I can download a four minute song in the time it takes one page to appear on this site! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Must be your server Crafty.My pages are appearing instantly.

Sarah

1.8 seconds to refresh this page on crummy old NTL Fatband.

Sarahspark said:
Must be your server Crafty.My pages are appearing instantly.

Sarah
Nope. My end is definitely at 8 megabit - I checked the speed on my router. 4 seconds to download a 4 minute song. :eek:

Sponsored Links
8Mbps - pah!

Now I've ditched bulldog's 8Mbps service, just waiting for the BT line to be installed next Friday and I'm getting THIS!

It's a bargain, too! Just hope the customer service is going to be better than Bulldog... time will tell.

I think ninebob is saying he's got a bigger one :LOL:

I shall decipher. John, you're on a 512Kbps connection (half meg), but its under-speeded slightly. Nothing to write home about though.

RF, you're on a 1 megabit connection, again under-speeded slightly, but again nothing to write home about.

I got download: 6480Kbps upload: 373 Kbps. But nobody likes a showoff :LOL:

JohnD said:
I think ninebob is saying he's got a bigger one :LOL:
Not yet. I've got to wait for a nice man to come and put it in for me (ooer!!) ;) ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

24Mbps is going to be awesome though! Only drawback is that downloading music from P2P networks won't really be any different because I'll still be limited by the upload speed of the other machine. Might have to start actually paying for my music, from iTunes or somewhere... ;)

ninebob said:
24Mbps is going to be awesome though! Only drawback is that downloading music from P2P networks won't really be any different because I'll still be limited by the upload speed of the other machine. Might have to start actually paying for my music, from iTunes or somewhere... ;)
when you download p2p you are (generally) downloading off more than one person so can get pretty good speeds (depending how many people are uploading), i doubt itunes upload at anything like 24Meg per person.

I was using itunes earlier, 4 seconds for one song, as i said. So presumably I wasn't maxing out their servers at that, and there is room to increase that if i had an even faster connection.

Incidentally, it took 3 minutes to download an album (queens greatest hits), 16 songs, but I put this down to my computer having to index the files as they come in etc. itunes is a clunky old bit of software on a windoze machine unfortunately, and its taking its toll. Time for an upgrade I think. Will make my machine fit for Vista too :D :D

ninebob, P2P tut tut. The Sony and Virgin music lawyers will be after you next! :LOL:

Crafty said:
if i had an even faster connection

[gloat] What, like my soon-to-be-installed 24Mbps? [/gloat]

Sorry, i'll stop it now

Sponsored Links
Back