Electorlux Ceramic Hob - 2 rings not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya all,

I wonder if someone can help me... I have an electrolux ceramic hob CM600BLK. We wired it an and everything was okay but only 2 of the rings are working. I phoned the customer call centre and they told me i have to connect a copper horseshoe link, but they cant give me any more advice. Does anyone know what i am supposed to be doing with it?

Thanks
Dom

Sponsored Links
if you look at the connector block under the hob I expect you will find it has about four large terminals. There might be colours or letters by them. The instructions ought to tell you how to connect them. The horseshoe will be a piece of copper that links two or more together. The manufacturers should supply it.

if you can post a pic of the connector block it may help.

Hi John,

You are right. there is 4 terminals. The instructions are useless.. it just says get someone in to do it! Its only connecting wires!!!

The horseshoe doesnt seem to be connected to anything at the moment. Am i supposed to move it and connect 2 terminals?

pic as attached

DSC00089.jpg

thanks for your help[/img]

I might go between 1 and 2 but it would be fooish of me to guess... and foolish of you to believe me.

ask the manufacturer again.

I am concerned that I don't see an earth wire. and i can't see how the cable sheath is clamped to prevent it tugging on the terminals

Sponsored Links
earth is connected in the terminal after number 4. its taped up with electrical tape... sorry bad photo!!!

2 is the only terminal that currently has nothing going on with it.....

buy yourself a hank of green & Yellow sheathing at your electrical or hardware store for the bare earth wire.

will do.

so do we think connecting the terminal 1 and 2 together with the copper horseshoe would work?

the company website is shocking! I cant find anywhere to find tech support!!

I have called the helpline but i keep going round in circles!

My guess is you have a hob for multiple phases.
You dont need to sleeve the earth, just route it so it cant touch anything.
Neutral is neutral
The live(s) link together. Its very common to find manufactures to make cookers / hobs like this

The instructions probably state to use high temp cable as well, which is 3 core sleeved..
Also can anyone install a hob or do you have to Peedd?

If the live terminal is correctly wired, there is likely to be only one other terminal a horseshoe shaped link could reach! It sure as hell ain't likely to go from one outer terminal to the other!

And earth needs to be sleeved for many reasons, including adherence to regs!

Instead of DIYforfun, try DangerousInstallationTipsforfun!

DomManley said:
it just says get someone in to do it! Its only connecting wires!!!

Ironically getting someone in because they have the knowledge of how to do it so all rings work might have been more sensible! :LOL:

Its got 2 x ll's you know the rest of the letters, put them in order + stop trying to be smart r's with the having the last word.

Hi Just read all the above a found the info really useful. I just purchase the same cooker hob and had exactly the same problem and after reading the advice installed without any problems. Just wanted to say thanks. !!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back