Electric Door Strike! Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got some problems installing an electric door strike. When a current is put into the strike by the keypad outside the door the strike releases and can be pushed out of the way by the bolt in the door, no problem: The door can be unlocked and opened from outside.

BUT,- when i'm inside the room and close the door the strike has obviously flipped back into the locked position and I can't push the door closed. I know that I could have the bolt in the door be moveable from the inside so that to lock it from inside I can simply pull the bolt in, then close the door, and push the bolt back into the strike.

The problem is, how do I lock the door from outside?! Theres no way for the bolt in the door to move back inside the closed strike without me being inside the room to move the bolt.

Anyone know how this is meant to be done?

Sponsored Links
Your using the term bolt. Is it a sprung loaded latch? The strike should simply replace the keep of what is a standard arrangement of sprung loaded latch and keep that will lock under the presure of a door closer.

images
install one of these?

other brands of door release button are available

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back