Electric Lawn Mowers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Need a gooq quality electric lawn mower for our smallish back garden (70 sq mtrs).

Currently the gardn is just basic lawn but about to renovate and will be hoping to put a good quality turf down. Heard on here that Wolf do some good electric mowers and have got my eye on the Wolf Compact Plus 34E but does anybody have any recommendations or advice.

Many thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links
I have been using electric machines for many years, and have always gone for the cylinder type. But, for the last few months I have been using a hover rotary mower. Although I do not get the desirable stripes with it, I have noticed that the general appearance of the lawn is much better, because I think the hover mower copes with the slighlty different levels without scalping some areas of the lawn too harshly. Has anyone else any comments on this.
The last cylinder mower I was using was a Qualcast Elan, I was disappointed with it, as I found the rear roller kept dropping off, and the plastic adjusting lever became difficult to move.

the eternal question. depends on a lot of factors such as size of lawn, quality of cut stripes etc. As sandwell says, a cylinder gives a superior cut, but an uneven lawn can cause it problems, and its harder to maintain. does give a better result though.

Rotary mowers seem to cope better with weeds and tougher strains of grass that can show through in a lawn.

Avoid anything that doesnt collect the grass or doesnt have a decent range of height settings, ie hover mowers.

best to pop into a proper garden tool shop to have a chat, rather than speaking to the young oike who doesnt have a clue in q and b

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back