Electric or safety razor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Electric or safety razor? I've tried electric shavers over the years but always come back to the disposable cos the leccy ones don't work for me, anyways, as I was shaving this morning it occurred to me that it was several years ago that I last tried one and maybe with the advancement in space travel, etc. that praps they have invented an electric shaver that works well? what do you know? no blow-lamp jokes please. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Can't see how an electric shaver would leave you with that clean fresh feeling you only get from a wet shave.

Hi Richard,

Because of my job I have to be clean shaven everyday, because of this I choose to use an electric shaver, but only because it'd take too long to have a wet shave every morning !!

Let me put it this way, the electric shaver does a job but if i'm going out or want a 'proper' shave then i'll have a wet one.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
Richardp said:
Electric or safety razor?
Neither.
...How often do you have a strop of yours then :LOL: I strop Once a week @ the weekend...I can split hairs with mine...like some folk do on this forum :confused:

StuH said:
Because of my job I have to be clean shaven everyday
Why?

And why the term "clean shaven" - is it not possible to have a beard and be clean?

And why is it that so many people think it is necessary to shave the hair off the lower half of their head, sort-of-OK-but-slightly-odd to shave the hair off the upper half, and very odd to shave the hair from their legs or genital area?

Can anybody explain the logic?

If my razor was for shaving my genitalia.....it wouldn`t be called a cut- throat, would it? :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

Ladeeez and Gennelemen - I give you your own, your very own, Nige F Bobbit....

ban-all-sheds said:
very odd to shave the hair from their legs or genital area?

In my opinion having seeing plenty of 'genital areas'.........shaving or hair removal in this area is very common - I started to observe this happening since the early 90's - it seems to be the fashionable thing to do.
Indeed I would say that more don't have hair there than do.

This is also becoming popular amongst men - as well as back, leg, chest and bum waxing.

Many people do it themselves or will go to a beauty salon for a 'brazilian'

When I have asked patients why they've had it done...........'surely it must hurt'........they all say the same thing........it's more hygeinic, they sweat/smell less in the area, and it's better when they have s*x.

ban-all-sheds said:
StuH said:
And why the term "clean shaven" - is it not possible to have a beard and be clean?
Don't think it's a hygiene issue as in clean but more a feeling of being clean once it's all off?

I personally feel fresher and more happier to go to work or out having wet shaved i find wearing a beard is too hot in this weather and itchy :)

I don't like beards.

I think it stems from a story about a man who had a beard written by Roald Dahl........I can't remember what it was called...... but it was a bit scary......all sort of strange things lived in that beard!

cant beat a wet shave, especially if you take your time using warm flannels and a brush to put the foam on with. Mind you i quite like being lazy at the weekends and not shaving for a day or two

masona said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Ladeeez and Gennelemen - I give you your own, your very own, Nige F Bobbit....
One way of getting rich. :)
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Had thought about having it turned thru 180 degrees and reaffixed. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back