Electric or safety razor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richardp, 19 Aug 2005.

1. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Or, as this has just reminded me of some lyrics by Tom Lehrer:

Soon we'll be out, amid the cold world's strife
    Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life

4. AdamW

AdamW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In catering beards are generally a no-no. And some busy chefs actually shave their heads totally bald for good measure.

I try to keep it to shaving Mon-Wed-Thurs, but I really need to shave everyday now. I work with a guy in his 50s who has no facial hair other than a couple of tufty bits where sideburns would grow.

Has anyone ever tried Immac on their face? I just wonder what it would do.

As to the lower-shaving: I thought all British women (certainly unmarried ones) were staunch advocates of the short back-and-sides? Yay Brazilian!

And for the male equivalent... who hasn't got drunk and wondered what it would look like? It happened at uni, got rather smashed with a "friendly" blonde, and for some reason (?!?!) we decided that it would be a fun thing to do... and I have to say it looked rather like skin-on chicken breast!!! :LOL:

5. kendor

kendor

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Doesn't it get in the food? :eek:

6. pipme

pipme

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I wonder if A got down to a little mutual 'sandpapering' with the accomodating blonde?
    :eek:

7. jtaunton

jtaunton

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    :eek: Blimey, Modern life, eh !! Wasn't like that ten years ago when I was last 'on the scene', I can tell you.

When considering switching to an electric razor, make sure that you take Part P into consideration.

8. Sponsored Links
  9. Steve

Steve

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    only if it's fixed to the wall! ;)

10. AdamW

AdamW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I didn't take up DIY until after uni so there was no sandpapering involved. :LOL:

I am now informed that a "Hollywood" is where they take it all off, as opposed to the "racing-stripe" Brazilian.

11. JulieL

JulieL

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Brazilian is the most common term used in the UK.
    When you go to get this done you need to check that the salons do this......as not all do :oops:

Whether you ask for a 'Hollywood' or a 'Brazilian' you are still asked whether you want all the hair removed or little tufts left....or all of the hair removed including that on the perineum (ouch! :cry: )

You can also have a template put onto the pubic area which can leave only a certain shape of hair when the waxing is done eg a heart shape
    .......they will also dye the hair as well if you want!

It's now cool for men to have this done as well........how about it Adam!!!? ;) :LOL: :LOL:

12. Moz

Moz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I had to get my father an electric razor while he was in Hospital recently ,
    Top Boss one at nearly £200,I tried it,it pinched an wasnt nice on less than a days growth , red smarting raw afterwards

all right with plenty of skin balm lathered on after i suppose but not as good as a Gillette mach 3

What I want to know Is WHAt HAPPENED TO Moustaches ???

I had a classic one in my twenties an looked like Gary Oldman In the Film ,The FIRM

http://www.thespinningimage.co.uk/cultfilms/displaycultfilm.asp?reviewid=511

I would love to have a tache again but dont fancy being mistaken as a Gayer ...lol :)

13. AdamW

AdamW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    They DYE the hair? Seeing as most (if not all) people are darker down there, this would involve bleaching first... isn't that a tad painful? :LOL:

Not sure I would want me "Humber Bridge" waxed, but I would certainly be willing to undergo a back-crack-sack for that special lady. At least once, anyway. :eek:

Julie, perhaps you could take a lesson from the Del Boy school of marketing: whilst you have the ladies in the stirrups, offer a wax. I'll bet many women would be glad to be able to get both jobs done at once instead of having to expose themselves to the draft twice. :LOL:

"Smear, wash and wax, while you wait" :eek: :LOL:

14. securespark

securespark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, and if they're busy, when do they find the time..?