Electric showers, can you ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Electric showers, can you .... pipe to the rear using 15mm hep20 pipe ?

The reason im asking is because in the instruction manual it says use copper or chrome piping, but when i rang the tech help line the woman on the other end said errrrmmm yes you can use plastic piping.... she didnt sound very confident in her answer which is why Im askign here.

If anyone could help be obliged.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Cant see why not.

Do not use a pushfit fitting though, compression is best. :D

I agree with bahco

but if it says in the manufacturers instructions to use copper or chrome then you would be well advised to do so, as you dont wanna be giving them any excuse not to honour a warrantee

i think the lierature has not been thought out..plastic is as good as copper now anyway in most cases.

Ina wall cemented in prob better as corrosion resistant

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies!

The wall depath is only about 1"and half so I dont know if I'd fit a compression fitting in to the wall cavity and it would be harder to make the end off.

Why are compression fittings better ?

i think versus a pushfit plastic that could pull in the wall.

but personally hep20 fittings are fine i think

thanks for the advice, ive decided to go for a mira thermostatic shower now, anyone else connected to these with hep20 or similar ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back