Electrical supplies to blocks of flats


12 Dec 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom

Where can I find out information about electrical supplies to blocks of flats.

I am a qualified electrician (Part P Full scope) who has very limited experience of flats. I went to a flat and when I looked inside the meter cupboard I found it difficult to ascertain if the supply was a TNCS or TNS. The flat was on the first floor. The tails came up through steel conduit and terminated at the meter. The earth also came up through the trunking and went through to the fuseboard. I could not trace the supply to the ground floor. I assume you have a Three Phase PME supply comming to the building and after that it supplies the individual flats.

I would be grateful for any guidance regarding electrical supplies to multiple occupancy dwellings.

Kind Regards

Sponsored Links
If there is a warden to the building ask them if you can take a look in the switch room, you should find all the info you need there.
Or by enquiry... call the supply company.

Thank you for your reply, I will try the Warden if not ring the Regional Electrical Company as you suggest. Are the REC quite forthcoming with such information?

Kind Regards


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links