Elson Opal 600e

Hp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is the Immersion element on an Elson 600e (rectangular cylinder) fairly easy to change? Anything to look out for or any tips?

I've changed elements on standard cylinders many times but never one on an Elson cylinder.

Harry

Sponsored Links
Harry
Same as the usual element in a cylinder shaped version just takes an age to drain down from my experience. You may also need a socket style tool to remove as they are deep seated pick one up in the sheds for a few pounds.

Pete
ps best to replace both elements if you have 2 at the same time

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply mate. I have the socket type spanner no problem. Are the tanks steel or copper? also I normally use a blow torch to heat and break the immersion seal. Is it ok to use heat in this cylinder as you can not see the insulation.

Thanks

Harry

I have to agree everytime I have had probs with the initial turn never used heat though due to the insulation.
The tanks are copper, I would try the old brute force first.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Cover your back against damage to the tank. Just changed an Opal. £755.00 + VAT for the tank alone.

Hi Solo,

Your right expensive job if you buckle the cylinder, that's the reason i'm being cautious.

Kind regards

Harry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back