emergency lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, iv just won a contract to service intruder/fire/e-m and pat testing,the systems are all in the same building!
could anyone tell me how long you need to test e-m's for? also in a public place is it like fire, every 6 month or the standard 12 month?
many thanks

Sponsored Links
We test our own EM lights every week. The staff at the building should have their own testing procedures in place for the fire and EMs, AFAIK, though i suppose other companies do it differently.

As Crafty has said, there are daily weekly, monthly, bi-annual, yearly and 3 yearly tests.

If you have just won a contract I suggest you get yourself a copy of BS-5266 and all will become clear.

Forgot to mention, we also test the fire alarms weekly, and obviously a company comes to do "proper and thorough" testing on both systems every year (smokes, batteries, heats, glass call points) And if we ask him nicely, he leaves us a little screwdriver and a set of spare glasses for the call points:cool:

Sponsored Links
The standard EM test wo do on the sites we provide maintanence to is

Functional test every week.
1 hour discharge every 13 weeks.
3 hour discharge every 12 months.

Tea,
Daily star,
more tea,
Sun,
tea and sandwiches
crossword,
more tea,
sudoku
more tea..........etc

cheers rob! i now understand....
the 3 hours will be great for the intruder/fire alarm service and the pat testing.....
thank you ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back