Emergency Temp Roof Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a loft ladder, girlfriend in a rage starting push it up for and its gone through the f*cking roof, ripped the felt stuff on the inside of roof and broke tiles off, I can see sky through hole. What can I do as a temp repair, perminant repair is to dump the b*tch !

Sponsored Links
plenty of empty buckets under any leaks!

if you have acess to ladders then any watertight membrane tucked under the tiles above the damaged ones will do.

Luckily managed to get someone round, and there was a load of spare tiles in the garage from when the place was re-roofed. I paid through the nose for it but at least its done, he didnt replace the underfelt though just put some plastic over the rip in it before putting the new roof tiles on, will that be ok or should I have had the whole piece of felt replaced ? The size of the rip in felt was about 9inchs long vertical and 4 inchs long horitcal like a letter L :p

if you're not happy patch it from underneath with some water proof membrane and silicone sealant or sticks like s*it.

don't be shy with the sealant. ;)

Sponsored Links
to replace the felt means having all the tiles taken off then the battens then the felt.

Then reverse proces. My mum had it done "last year" cost a few quid

then send your girlfriend to anger management classes!

Thermo said:

lol once a month she becomes 'PMT women' big time and its that time, she goes proper crazy. Getting to the point now that Im asking myself is it worth it, not married, no kids, been togeather 7 yrs, joint finances, we sell house though and Im well out of pocket.

I patched it from the inside in the end did an ok job and its raining now and nothing comming through :p Not been a good weekend all in all :confused:

Rolo said:
Thermo said:

lol once a month she becomes 'PMT women' big time and its that time, she goes proper crazy. Getting to the point now that Im asking myself is it worth it, not married, no kids, been togeather 7 yrs, joint finances, we sell house though and Im well out of pocket.

Well if it's bad as that then don't ever consider marriage! See this :rolleyes:

I must confess, I would be uneasy living with a woman who goes round throwing ladders through the house roof!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back