Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

Sponsored Links
Not that I know of, yet.

The ones you can dim (egmegaman) work by stage dimming - ie switch light on/off for stage 1, on/off again for stage 2 etc (4 stages in total). So you would only use your dimmer switch as a normal switch, ie switching it on/off.

I'm sure technology will catch up at some point though!

SB

Thank you SB. I hope technology does catch up before the EU has their way and get the normal tungstan bulb banned. In the mean time I will have to figure out another way to reduce the electricity comsumtion without losing too much light ...

whats an 'EEL bulb'? because you can get dimmable 'standard' CFL bulbs.

Sponsored Links
sm1thson said:
whats an 'EEL bulb'?

Blimey. Don't you know that?

It's a new type of lamp made by Osram. Got an electric eel inside.... ;)

Jumbouk said:
In the mean time I will have to figure out another way to reduce the electricity comsumtion without losing too much light ...
:?:

Use CFL lamps, just less of them! Then you dont need a dimmer! :LOL:

Honestly though, I have one of these and I am very impressed with it. I am waiting for the technology to be adapted into other energy saving lamps, then we'll all be happy! ;) IMO, though, the technology employed in switch dimmable lamps is too cumbersome for general use. It takes too long to get used to it, and you have to teach everyone how to turn on a light!! :LOL:

question then if i may

if its dimable form 100% down to 2% how do you actually dim it?

erm . . . this lamp doesnt dim in stages, its constantly variable. Turn it on first time and its about 40%. turn it off and on, and it comes on 100%, then dims steadily to probably 2%, then back up. The level is set where you turn the switch off and on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back