Engineer to service Vaillant VCW-sine 18 T3 W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Vaillant VCW-sine 18 T3 W.

I am finding it impossible to find an engineer to service/repair it in the Crystal Palace area (South London), they all say get a new one.

The engineer who used to service it died 5 years ago, he always said these were the best boilers that can be easily maintained but most newer engineers do not understand them.

If I have to change it what would you recommend? And how much roughly?

Thanks for any help.
Jim

Sponsored Links
That is a very solidly built boiler and there are some rather better engineers who do understand them.

Although they are old and big they still work well.

Just ask on here and you may find somebody to help you. Just make sure he comes on a no-fix no-fee to ensure he has the confidence in his own abilities.

Tony

I agree. This boiler was already fitted in my house when I moved in 17 years ago, in that same time my neighbour has had two new boilers plus repairs.

I have checked around and apparently there is no problem getting spares so I may have a go myself.

From reading about similar faults on here and other sites, my diverter valve needs servicing (The rads get warm when running hot water), and the expansion vessel needs re pressurising along with fixing a small drip from the pressure relief valve.

Apart from the rads getting warm and having to top up the system every few weeks it works fine. Any tips on fixing the above.

Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
Just read the rules and now know I should not ask for a price. Sorry :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back