Engineered boards - click fit - getting the last bit in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a rad leak which messed up my wooden floor.
The section that needs relacing has the tongue facing away from the wall.

The problem is I have rad pipes coming out of the wall so i can't raise the last board enough to click it into place.

The only thing I can think of doing is trimming the edge of the tongue(but still leave a small bit) which will hopefully allow me to get the board into place - and then glue the last board.

Is this a suitable solution?

Sponsored Links
You are thinking right. Being up against a wall with that last board means it won't have that much traffic on it. Trimming the edge should give you the clearence you need to get that board into place. If the gap it too lare and it is not in a noticable place, like against a wall, you gan alway fill the gap with a color match filler.

yep crap product and crap to install, harder than normal laminate, but hey it sells well in the diy sheds as being easy to install, as long as its a squre room, with no door architraves or radiators!

Thermo said:
yep rubbish product and rubbish to install, harder than normal laminate, but hey it sells well in the diy sheds as being easy to install, as long as its a squre room, with no door architraves or radiators!

You would have the same problem if you were using laminate. How can you say the product is rubbish when you don't know what it is?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back