ENGINEERED HARDWOOD FLOORING JOINS. HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

After laying a laminate floor perfectly in my old house I though I'd give the hardwood floor a go. I've layed down several planks but it seems impossible to get a seemless join between the short edges of each plank (no matter how hard i hammer the ends). I even started to damage the first plank.

Is this a feature of the engineered hardwood floor? Its not champered or anything so I guess its should butt up seemlessly. Its either a dodgy manufacture or I will be filling wood gaps around the house.

Please advise.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
What type of product to you actually have? T&G's? Click-system? Low-offer range?

I have a t&g floor that uses wood glue to bind.

It taps together on the long edge ok (seamless). but on the short edge theres always a 1mm gap.

the make is Nikoline? bouht from Makro.
Prob cheap but I couldnt afford the real solid stuff.

Are the 'top-ends' straight? If not, gaps will be you 'future' I'm afraid

Sponsored Links
I think so, maybe I should sand a tiny bit off hte next ones to ensure they def join together.

For the exisitng gaps would you recommend a wood filler, of make up myown with shavings and PVA mix?

I would bring the whole lot back. If the boards are not straight, the product is never going to be properly installed. No matter what you try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back