Ensuite Bathroom Design Plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anywhere I can find/download plans for ensuite bathrooms?

We put one in our last house and it was quite easy but we over estimated how much space we needed and could have made it a little smaller. Our new house could do with an ensuite but space is limited.

Sponsored Links
Cant help with a plan but my ensuite is about 1..4m by just under 2m and I have a sink , a toilrt and a 800mm shower as well as 2 doors so a small space is capable of providing enough room to do ehat you need

D

It's not really the drawing I need help with, I've got plenty of software which will do the drawing and I've got all the sizes etc for toilets and sinks and showers, my problem is knowing how much space to leave between them. Or how tightly I can squeeze them together!

But thanks for the replies - It may be useful if anybody else has a small ensuite and knows what size it is. My current one is about 2mx1m at a guess I'll measure it tonight, but if anyone has a smaller one, then sizes wouldbe useful.

Sponsored Links
Just done this myself. My ensuite is 2m x 1m - which has single door opening outwards - no window. Don't think i'd want it any smaller though.
Spend time searching out the dimensions of sanitaryware as this can make a difference.
I went for a 1m x 0.8m shower tray - good size with a glass basin and a compact toilet - looks great, but as i said wouldn't have gone any smaller

The room I will need to build it in is only approx 4mx4m. So I didn't want to take too much room up. I think a 2mx1m part in the corner should be fine though. I was going to put a rectangle shower tray in which would go across the end of the bathroom from one side to the other, the sink straight ahead when you walk in and the toilet to the left does that sound right?

You need a bit of space to step out of the shower, a bit of space to get up of the toilet, a bit of space to stand in front of the basin, and a bit of space to dry yourself.

All these bits of space can be the same one - about 1 m2 with the appliances arranged around it.

Thanks everyone,

All the comments have actually been useful, I just measured the old en-suite bathroom in the old house and it is 250cmx105cm and I always thought it could have been a bit shorter. I'll aim for 1mx2m in the new one - should fit in just nicely

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back