Ensuite shower room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering installing a shower, WC and hand basin as an ensuite option in our main bedroom and I am looking for some general advice. Main cold water tank is located in loft above bedroom but hot water tank is on same floor (probably 18 inches below floor level of intended location and is located in another room at opposite end of house, however there is a handbasin with hot & cold water coming into the bedroom where I intend to have the ensuite. :rolleyes: Question is can I use this source of hot water for a shower?...and what kind of shower unit would you recommend?

Second question is:- as the soil pipe is located at the other end of the house(as is the main drain) what macerator would you recommend (Sanipro?) - I assume I can just run the pipe work internally under floor boards and join the main soil pipe- assuming drop ratio is within technical spec of unit? Running the pipework externally is somewhat daunting given the route I would have to take.

Cheers Ross :))

Sponsored Links
Yes ross it should be fine to tag onto the current draw off from the cylinder but do remember to tag on where the draw off goes to the taps and not higher up on the vent. Best mixer valve shower on the market for me has got to be the Mira Excel.
And yes it is perfectly fine to run the waste under floors just remember to adhere to rules when notching the joists. Like only take a maximum of an 8th out of the joist and not in the middle of the joist etc etc.
Best of luck with it all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back