epoxy grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you remove epoxy grout from the grout lines? It sets like concrete, a normal grout remover won\\\'t touch it. TIA.

Sponsored Links
That is the beauty of epoxy. Not to be used without careful consideration of when you might want to remove it.

Hard graft, a lot of mess, and damaged tiles are the order of the day. A suitable abrasive disk will help.

As it's mechanical removal, you may find this useful
multistart.jpg

It is available from various mail order tool suppliers such as ********* power tools, devon.

It is a vibrating tool and is one of the best purchases I have made. It is possible to remove the grout in relative safety compared to a rotating disc cutter, and diamond impregnated blades are available, though they may not be the best for the job.

Use dust extraction as epoxy resins are not healthy.

Not seem them before,is it a hammer action like a miniture kango breaker type or does it rotate ?

Sponsored Links
Masona, it's a diy version of the tools used for removing plaster casts from limbs.

(Admin, what about another forum "Surgery"? :D)

It oscillates and has various sawing, sanding, and grinding cutters and a scraper. Good for replacing glazing, and for cutting access holes in floors directly above the centres of joists.

who is that supposed to be

Were not allowed to advertise, it's a well known power tool supplier in Devon. Begins with A. There are several other companies who sell it as well.

oilman said:
Were not allowed to advertise,

:confused: I know what oilman saying is true but isn't putting website address on the forum post having the same effect as advertising like Screwfit ?

I wouldn't say it's really advertising, just advising other folks of companies we've had good dealings with. The 1st time Screwfix bu**er up an order of mine I'll be telling you all !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back