Estmiated cost of replacing door frame??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a flat in Nottingham and the front door got forced open and the bottom half of the door frame including the surround for the deadlock got broken off.

My landlord has said that to replace the door leg on the lock side it will cost somewhere close to £250 - is this an accurate estimate or not?

I hope that someone could shed some light on this as I am unaware and I don't want to be conned.

Kind regards.

Daniel

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
If you phone a few joiners or locksmiths in your area they will probably tell you what they charge for a half-day job. Without looking at your doorway none of us know if yours is a particularly difficult one.

from my point of view I would be expecting the whole frame replaced for £250 never mind just the damaged jamb.

i agree, 'tis probably better to rip out and install an equivalent size frame. being wooden, it can be sawn out in sections with very little collateral damage.

Sponsored Links
but do we think giggsy06's landlord is trying to overcharge him at £250 for a new jamb?

Why should you have to pay for a break-in? He's insured isn't he?

I think its a bit steep JohnD, and like you said if he's worried bout being stitched up by his landlord why not just get prices for himself.

joe-90 said:
Why should you have to pay for a break-in? He's insured isn't he?

i agree with joe 90 on this one someone has dammaged the landlords door whats it got to do with you unless its a long story and your connected in some way!!!!!!!!

how much dammage has actualy been done!!!
if its just a large patch out of the back edge then £80 to 140 dependant on what is involved

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back