Ever worth using Trading Standards/Consumer Direct?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Traders:
As professional traders, have you ever had customers use or threaten to use Trading Standards/Consumer direct against you? Did it work?

Customers:
Have you ever successfully got problems resolved by using trading standards?

We've got a guarantee that any repairs on our windows (even minor ones) are done within one week. Our installers have done nothing for 3 weeks and I'm thinking of involving Trading Standards.
Has anyone got any experiences they wish to share?

Sponsored Links
In the first instance trading standards would allow the company a chance to resolve the issue themselves. If you put your request for repair work under guarantee in writing, quite clearly stating the given timesclae (one week) and they still fail to act, then you will have cut out the first thing that TS will tell you to do anyway.

yes to both questions ,

My old firm was on trading standards recommend records , we had a few cheeky Idiots complain to them ,but we bent over backwards an sorted any probs ....which kept us in trading standards high esteem :)

I have used trading standards and had things sorted with them too.....
one while running the firm we got plagued by a calendar/diary sales con firms....they got them to stop sending threatening letters for non-existant orders

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
A letter is on its way. I've not a threatening or rude letter as that won't get me anywhere.

If they'd rang me and said they were really busy and could they do the repair a week later I would have said yes.

I remember one day I rang and rang them and there was no answer.
I did 141 to hide my number and they picked up straight away!
Very suspicious.

Back