Everest door with Union lock - how to remove?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have what I think is an Everest aluminium door with a Union lock fitted, with top and bottom internal shoot bolts (they come out through guide holes on top and bottom of the door). I need to replace the lock as it is faulty but am struggling with separating the lock from the top and bottom shoot bolts, and was wondering how to undo/unscrew(?) them? I can't get the lock out to properly identify it without getting the shootbolts off. I was thinking that a set of mole grips applied to the shootbolts if I can manually shoot them out first so as to get something to grip onto, then the shootbolts will unscrew?

Any tips on how to extract the shootbolts would be appreciated, I am at the point of having removed the internal handle and spindle, just can't get any further as the lock is stuck in the door at present.

Sponsored Links
If it's this type,which is what I have on my everest sliding alluminium door, there is a screw that retains it situated on the inside edge of the door that holds it in place and you have to get that middle lug, which is the bit that moves everthing, into the right position to remove the lock barrel. mine had seized and I had to drill it out before I could replace it. I couldn't move the locking lug.

Attachments

• PAR-2X6-BB-SCP_7.jpg
    PAR-2X6-BB-SCP_7.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for your reply but it is the complete lock that I need to remove not just the Euro cylinder lock part you refer to. I have the Euro cylinder out, the inner door handle and the spindle but with the mounting screws for it removed, the internal locking mechanism only moves a little, it wont come out because it is attached to the internal top and bottom shoot bolts. It is these shoot bolts that I need help with. For reference, the type of lock I am referring to I think looks a bit like the one in the following link (wont know exactly until I can actually get it out to verify exact type).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back