exposed trap on corner basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am asking before I try to do the work, and trying to anticipate any problems!

I am refitting my en suite toilet, and because I am skint I am reusing the existing pedestal less corner basin. To smarten up the exposed plumbing I want to use a chrome bottle trap to take away the waste water (I could live with white plastic if it made life significantly easier), and plan to run it into the wall and drop it into the existing waste pipe under the floor (the previous owners just had exposed grey plastic pipe!!). I don't really want to box it in if I can help it.

My current problem is this. All the chrome bottle traps I have seen have a flat "ring" at the end of the pipe- presumably for a neat flush fit against a wall. As my basin fits the corner, the pipe will fit at a 45 degree angle at the angle of 2 walls, this won't sit flush.

Can I buy a chrome waste with a 90 degree fitting for corners, or do I run the waste at an angle to the sink so it hits the wall perpendicularly? Or do I do something else all together?

Please feel free to point out any other problems I might not have accounted for, or could run into!

Many thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back