Extending existing garage with concrete sectional panels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to extend my existing brick single garage on a very tight budget. I'm thinking of using pre fab concrete panels to extend it back about 16ft with a window and single door and a flat roof.

Existing garage is single skin brick with flat roof and a window at the far end on the wall which I plan on removing allowing full access into the new section.

To make it all match I have a friend who could render both the brick and prefab parts and then paint it.

Is this feasable? Cost effective? Worth doing?

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Well using concrete panels will be a damn sight cheaper than getting a brickie in... and I don't see any problem rendering the new walls, but there are many other issues to consider.
What are you going to do for a floor and roof, what will you be using the space for, and most importantly, will you need planning permission (almost definitely :!: )

Give us more info and maybe some diagrams or photos and you should get a better response.

Also update your profile to include your location, it's just one of those 'things' .

Hi,

The space will be a workshop come storage area. I just want enough room to get a large car (in the front part of the existing garage) and use the addition for a couple of workbenchs, shelving and to store all my tools.

I am now considering partitioning of a small area at the end to create a wet room (shower, sink, toilet) for use in the summer as we have a above ground pool and liev opposite the beach so don't want all the kids running through the house wet and sandy. The existing garage has water and drainage already so this sould be quite straight forward.

The floor is an existing concrete base which is 4" concrete on a foundation of about 4" again of hardcore.
The roof would need to be a flat roof and tied in with the existing garage which incidently had a complete new roof last year.

If I had to do it out of block any ideas what it would cost in materials alone? I would prefer block and quite fancy seeing if I can do brick work.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back