Extending heating system into new extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can any one give me some information?
I intend to extend my heating system into a new extension .Currently I have a 22mm flow and return going around the house with t offs of 15mm and then down to 10mm to the different rads. Can i just T off the 22mm flow and return and take them into the new extension to feed the new rads after reducing :confused: :confused: down to 10 mm or will i have to take the flow and return 22mm into extension and return the 22mm back out and join it up again to the flow and return of the original system, so in effect the new part is like a u shape with the various rads being run off it .
I would be grateful for any help.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No, you don't need to form a loop, just extend the 22mm flow and return into the extension, subject to usual constraints of course.

You only have to take branches (spurs) off the flow and return pipes into the extension as far as the most distant radiator. You do not need to bring them back again in a loop.

Pipe size will depend on number of new radiators and their sizes. If one or perhaps two you could do this in 15mm. For several 22mm would be needed although you could reduce them to 15mm for the last radiator.

Great, Thanks 4 the info i can go to bed now with out thinking about it

Gasman1015 said:
No, you don't need to form a loop, just extend the 22mm flow and return into the extension, subject to usual constraints of course.
:)

Sponsored Links
Thankyou :)

jobloggs said:
You only have to take branches (spurs) off the flow and return pipes into the extension as far as the most distant radiator. You do not need to bring them back again in a loop.

Pipe size will depend on number of new radiators and their sizes. If one or perhaps two you could do this in 15mm. For several 22mm would be needed although you could reduce them to 15mm for the last radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back