Extra consumer unit and French regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need some advice on a french electrical problem after reading the electrical book 'L'installation electrique' .

The wiring on the first floor of my house is what I would call politely 'interesting'. I have 3 bedrooms, toilet, bathroom and landing area electrically fed from just 2 mcbs, with lighting and sockets, not necessarily in the same room, on the same circuit !!!! . I would like to separate circuits and put in extra circuits to reduce the number of outlets and lights to eight per mcb as per the 'Norme'. There is no easy way I can bring another 3 or 4 gaines up through the floor so I would like to fit another consumer unit on the first floor, I have a large walk in cupboard which has the loft hatch and 2 large junction boxes at present so would be the ideal place.

I don't know at present the exact distance between the existing and proposed consumer units, I will measure later, but if I understand the regulations correctly I must fit , if,

10m or less = 3x'4mm fils' off a 20A disjoncteur to a ?? A Type AC interrupteur differentiel with 10A and 16A disjoncteurs for lights and sockets.

15m or less = '3x6mm fils' off a 25A disjoncteur to a 25A Type AC interrupteur differentiel with 10A, 16A and 20A disjoncteurs etc.

or can I use 'cable rigid', 3 core, instead of 'fils' and must this be in gaine.

please please correct as necessary or other suggestions welcome

thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Yes thanks, I have had my answer from one of the two forums you gave.

Sponsored Links
Back