Extra light on my circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've moved into a house that had the light for the down stairs toilet is/was being powered via a plug socket. As is the conservatory.

I'm trying to move these onto the lighting circuit but have a problem with the first one.

I have found a junction box which I have tested and found to continue the circuit to the front room, dinning room etc. I have taken another cable from the junction box and ran it into the conservatory where I have put another junction box in preparation for the conservatory. I have then ran a cable from here into the toilet switch. A cabled then runs from the switch to the light. However when I switch the power back on the light in the toilet is on but when I switch it off it trips the circuit.

I'm all out of ideas. Help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
you've wired the switch so it shorts live and neutral. what cores are in what holes?

You should have brown/red in COM, other brown/red in L1 and 2 blues/blacks in a piece of terminal block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back