Extractor Fan - a long way to the outside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to make a new cloakroom 2.1m x 1.5m x 2.3m internally and put the necessary extractor fan in the new partition wall. The nearest possible outside wall is nearly 6metres away. Can I put this much ducting in? The ducting will have to turn a corner at the end to get into the room which presumably makes it worse :(

Sponsored Links
I once stayed in a flat that the toilet extractor fan ducting ran a good 5-6 metres to the outside so I would say the distance is not a problem, not too sure about the corner though but i hope this helped

Shouldn't be problem providing you get a powerful extracter fan,try and get one with a built in timer from 0-20 minutes so when the fan switched off the fan will continue to operate to outside wall whatever time you set it at .I'm running one from the shower to outside with 8 metres run with 2 bends!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back