Extractor Fan above shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope someone out there can give me a definitive answer.
I need to install an extractor fan in Zone 1 above the shower cubicle but because I have a low ceiling the fan could be within reach of a tall person using the shower.

I know that using a SELV 12V fan will do the job but my question is could I use a 240v fan that is IPX4 or IPX5 in zone 1 above the shower cubicle. The installation is TT and has a 30mA RCD fitted.

Both Vent Axia and Xpelair technical support will not committ themselves and always lean towards a SELV unit...just in case.

Thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
in those circumstances i would go for the 12v option that is the standard for zone 1 and you would be making it a lot safer by installing the low voltage option and regs wise you would be covered

You would comply if you fitted your 240v fan in zone 1 as you currently have 30mA RCD protection to all circuits by the sound of it.

I would, TBH, still fit a SELV fan, but your above does actually comply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back