extractor fan dripping water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all , i have a shower fan/light installed and although it seem to be working as it should i'm getting water dripping through where the steam should be going?? it is running into the loft space and out thru the side gable end with a grill on it with the 3 flaps. last week the vent tube was full of water and i have now angled it up from the light to the fan ( mid tube) and then down to the grill at wall. any suggestions as to why its happening. thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like either;
Steam condensing in the duct or
Rain being driven in via the external (wall mounted) vent.
Probably the first one - keep the ducting length as short as possible, insulate it if possible.
Check that the flaps on the external vent close against the prevailing wind.

thanks scotty i thought that may be the case , also i have been told that the window isnt opened when showering and the door is also closed. so i think that not enough air is circulating into the room for the fan to work effectively? as for insulating , would the loft insulation be sufficient?
I dont see how the rain can enter the ducting so it must be condensed steam.

Sponsored Links
roof insul. is ok..........cut door so there is small gap under :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back