Failed Asylum seekers cost tax payer £300 million last year

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The taxpayer picked up a bill of more than £300 million last year to support failed asylum seekers who should have been removed from the country, spending watchdogs report today.

The National Audit Office says most of this sum was spent looking after an estimated 18,500 families with dependent children who are entitled to continuing support until they leave the country.

A further £285 million was spent to support the voluntary repatriation of some failed asylum seekers or to enforce the deportation of others

Link : http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/ma...19.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/07/19/ixnewstop.html

On the other hand a woman whose life is being threatened by breast
cancer has been refused treatment of a drug that may save her life.

After Kasia Boddy's cancer was diagnosed four months ago, her doctors wanted her treated with Herceptin.

But Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge said it had not been licensed to treat early breast cancer by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence.

In a statement the hospital said until it had been, they would not be offering this treatment to patients.

Link : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/4735473.stm

I know if it was my wife that was dying of cancer and she had the chance
of survival with a new drug and it was refused, I would be a little
bit angry.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the people who voted for the jokers who bought us this madness would either put the reasoning behind their policies or cough up with the money.

I doubt it do you???????

Freddie said:
I wonder if the people who voted for the jokers who bought us this madness would either put the reasoning behind their policies or cough up with the money.

I doubt it do you???????

Freddie, ' What do you call a vigilante' ?

answer : A liberalist thats been mugged.

I think the government should produce a set of 'company reports' like any business, that is available to everyone who wants to see it, so that the tax payer can see exactly how much money is wasted on things such as this.

Why aren't these people removed quickly? There are flights, boats etc daily, leaving the country; sling them on and get rid of them. For £300m you could even charter your own planes to do it, ConAir style. :evil:

Sponsored Links
nstreet said:
I think the government should produce a set of 'company reports' like any business, that is available to everyone who wants to see it, so that the tax payer can see exactly how much money is wasted on things such as this.

Why aren't these people removed quickly? There are flights, boats etc daily, leaving the country; sling them on and get rid of them. For £300m you could even charter your own planes to do it, ConAir style. :evil:

let the lottery sponsor the making of a massive prision ship crewed by our navy and the guards our army no meesing around rough house them into the ship shackles and all and drop them off on there home soil or as near as dammit to it

dont even think about clothing and feeding them once they get there turn blind eyes and ship ahoy NEXT

but was it enough loss for them
too care
not more money for sh*t staff ,

lets have lotteries for each ward+cleaning crews on each wards

to see how the fat arse nurses work then .. in hospitals ...an how clean then ,

them polish( in my area)sluts can bend an clean/scrub better than a broken wrist before !"

the bimbo/smiling angel nurses can "NOW KNOW what its like to wipe a dirty arse !"

an not cause a Docs there .....

nstreet said:

I agree with everything you have written, in particular the bit about accounts.
What about this bit in the report.
The NAO says accurate estimates of the numbers involved are difficult to obtain because the Home Office does not keep proper records of who has left.
Great, the home office doesn't keep proper records. I wonder why not?

No mention of the old legal aid bill either! Bet old Cherie's had a few bob off this lot.

Could use them as target practice for the Anti-terrorist police :D

Freddie said:
Better still, seize all pets in the UK, Cats and Dogs and use them for target practice, there are too many of them in the country anyway and it would stop them sh*tting all over the place. :D

kendor said:
Freddie said:
Better still, seize all pets in the UK, Cats and Dogs and use them for target practice, there are too many of them in the country anyway and it would stop them sh*tting all over the place. :D
I take it you're not a animal lover?

Animals have the same rights as human being on this earth.

Anyway, I know who I would like to shoot.

masona said:
kendor said:
Freddie said:
I take it you're not a animal lover?

Anyway, I know who I would like to shoot.
Mas i love animals to bits. :) shame on you for picking up on my comment ;) ;) all will be revealed :p
if that's the case then it's ok to shoot animals :)

£60k ? You must be living with 8 children, all on the social ;)

Sponsored Links
Back