Fall on a toilet waste pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if there is a minimum fall on a toilet waste? I'm planning to install an en suite which is about 3 meters away from the nearest outside wall. I'm planning on taking a branch off the existing waste pipe which is in line with where the new one is planned.

Another quick question - A lot of people on this web site reference screwfix for buying equipment. Does anyone have any comments on how good they are, in particular their delivery. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting around for delivery to save a few pounds, although their prices are very tempting.

Any help will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hello,the ideal fall is 1 in 40,but can be up to 1in 60 if in plastic not clay.Screwfix usually very good,only had one bad order,didn't send the 99 %of the big order cos a few parts not in stock.If you order by phone you could make sure they have all the parts before confirming.Have fun

Thanks a lot for that. I am using plastic and will easibe able to make it greater than a 1 in 60. :D

Any other comments on Screwfix??

As for Screwfix. I have put about 15 orders through them (all for more than £45 :D Free carriage) and have not had a problem yet.

Their returns procedure was excellent on a part that I no longer required and gave me a full refund.

Anybody doing that much business will have a few problems though but as yet I have not seen them.

Sponsored Links
I have used Screwfix on quite a few occassions and I have had a few problems where not all the goods were delivered (but charged as delivered) or whereby the part on order was not available, but in saying that their customer services were very good and sorted the problems out immediately

I don't use screfix that often, had one hiccup but that was soon sorted (well done Screwfix) the other good thing if ordered by 1800 it usually arrives next day.......

does what it says on the tin (ok, advert)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back