FAO of the regulars on here

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone like me feel that there is a growing number of posters asking questions on here but not bothering to trouble themselves and supply a simple 'thank you' when we reply??

Ive made a mental list..and if they cant be ar*ed to say thanks...then I cant be a*sed to reply.

Sponsored Links
Maybe, but personally I'm not that bothered.

If I pretended that forum posting is little more than an ego trip then I'd be lying to myself, although I also learn a lot from others with expert knowledge on areas that I'm weak on.

Can't say I've really noticed a lack of response to the threads I reply to Zampa. Yeah it's nice to be thanked but surely the best bit of helping people on here is that is the feeling that you get from within (knowing that you've not just helped the poster but also anyone that reads the post) rather than the gratitude you receive from the poster alone.
Are we talking about your insecurity again here Steve? :confused: ;)

I think we all benefit from pooling our knowledge and sharing with one another.

I like to get a "Thanks" when my posted advice does some good, but as often as not it's a "Thanks anyhow" because the problem couldn't be resolved for some other reason or circumstances changed.

If I let it get to me, I get mad and just start smashing things, so I have a healthy way of dealing with my frustration. Recommend it to everyone.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Can't say I've really noticed a lack of response to the threads I reply to Zampa. Yeah it's nice to be thanked but surely the best bit of helping people on here is that is the feeling that you get from within (knowing that you've not just helped the poster but also anyone that reads the post) rather than the gratitude you receive from the poster alone.
Are we talking about your insecurity again here Steve? :confused: ;)

Yep it is nice when other people pick up on some of the quality info on here...its surprising how much you take you own trade for granted really..the little things you do day in day out...and people ask questions about it..

What some people think of as a 'stupid question' others think its quite complex..

Insecurity???...me?...nah...even if they are all out to get me..im being watched constantly, I know for a fact that out dustman is really working for Mi5....they take my rubbish away somewhere special to read everything..the bloke who came to fix the people last week was really an undercover copper.
ALIENS!...dont talk to me about aliens..they are watching me too..ive been abducted loads of times im sure...
The neighbours were cutting their lawns last week and I jsut know they were sending each other secret signals about me...
The wife...shes been having a fling for years...im sure i was adopted too..my mum once called me boy instead of son...what more evidence do I need?

But I refuse to even think im unsecure... :rolleyes:

Nester wrote:

If I let it get to me, I get mad and just start smashing things, so I have a healthy way of dealing with my frustration. Recommend it to everyone.

Does it run any risk to ones eyesight?

Smashing things has a calming influence.

In my anger management classes, our instructor tells us that it's healthy to "act out" our emotional needs.

I only took the course so I could qualify for parole.

i always assumed it was only the diyers who still had all their fingers that posted a thankyou!!!!

noseall said:
i always assumed it was only the diyers who still had all their fingers that posted a thankyou!!!!

:LOL:

Personally i'm not bothered about a thank you but what annoys me is when a post is added to the forum, you supply some info and ask questions in return and then theres nothing.

I don't mind helping people but get peed off when some of them just cant be bothered. :evil:

nstreet said:
Personally i'm not bothered about a thank you but what annoys me is when a post is added to the forum, you supply some info and ask questions in return and then theres nothing.

I don't mind helping people but get peed off when some of them just cant be bothered. :evil:

All I can say to that is.......

:rolleyes:

nstreet:

People asking for help and then not responding is common too.

If someone gets into a conversation with someone in here where there's one-on-one help going on, then normally that person will get back and let us know how things were finally resolved. But, if it was a single post and a several responses, then if the problem resolves itself for the original poster, 75 percent of the time they just don't bother to respond at all.

This is an excellent forum, thanks to the time and effort you guys put in! I think you should rest assured that the advice you give is greatly appreciated by all users, whether we say it or not :)

If we all gauged our work on thank you's then we would all be earning less and less every day.
Some people expect so much these days and are in such a rush that a thank you does not form part of their vocabulary.
In my line of work i'm seen as the last resort but still have a 95% sucess rate, at the point of introduction the client has probably been waiting over a year to get the issue resolved so for another face to try and help out just tends to be greeted with a grunt.
Even after i have sorted the issue out a thank you seems to be the easiest thing to say but i get nothing.
I just dont let it get to me and wonder what goes on in peoples lives that they feel they have to complain about such trivial issues.

What you into then scooby?..loss adjuster?

SMART repair finisher, workin in new build.
Chips scratches dents to modern products within the new build sector, ie chipped bath, scratched worktop, dented garage doors, cracked upvc, cracked stone cills, chipped granite etc etc etc the list is endless.
Builders try and cover up the mistakes and when spotted by the clients its usually a them and us argument where the builders wont accept liability,
Months of arguing between the builder and the client usually ends up with me going in to repair the items in question,
Had the builder got me out on day one im sure the builders profile would have been raised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back