faulty timer programmer !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i think my electronic timer programmer box for my central heating appears to be faulty as when i turn on my hot water switch the heating comes on as well..........
do i need an electrician or a cent-heating engineer to fix this and could i do it my self if i bought a new timer box..

would this be difficult for a novice ???

Sponsored Links
If it is a faulty programmer its easy. Turn off the the supply to the heating and programmer. You will find 2 small screws on the bottom of it. Partly unscrew these hinge the unit up and remove. Then replace with new one it just plugs in.

Sponsored Links
bathjobby said:
And your type of system is ?

I think bathjobby was asking what kind of system, ie - 3 port valve, 2x 2 port valves, combi, gravity?

|t could be the programmer but I would check the control valve(s) first.

Has it ever worked?

Could be poorly plumbed, causing the return from the cylinder to pass via rads........Caused by not grouping rad returns together before hitting boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back