FELTING SHED ROOF. Gluing or tacking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to put another two or three layers of roofing felt on my shed roof and wanted some advice.
The roof already has a layer of felt on it that looks fresh and in very good nick. It has been fixed down to the board underneath using some sort of bituminy adhesive. Do I have to do each new layer the same way with adhesive or can I simply tack it down in strips using felt tacks and cover these over with the edge of the next strip and adhere this joint so that it is waterproof. I will obviously lay the strips so that they overlap top to bottom. Does gluing felt down make for a much more stable covering or is tacking down sufficient. Thanks in advance for advice. Jim

Sponsored Links
I prefer to glue.it`s as chaep as chips and looks neater than nailheads.and ads to the waterproofing ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back