Ferroli F30 Combi keeps blowing out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferroli F30 combi boiler. When windy, the flame constantly blows out and reignites. I have been told that modern combi boilers rarely blow out, even when tested in 100mph winds. The flue is dual-concentric. Top exit, with a right angle 90 degree bend to take it horizontally through the house outer wall.

Sponsored Links
Does flue terminate to M I's. Is it near an internal or external corner etc. Is there any guard in place or 'illegal' shield fitted around flue :?:

a service may fix this .. generally a good flame will stay in .. no matter wot the wind speed.. but as above check the flue termination as per manufacturers instructions

Really appreciate your interest and thanks for the reply! The Flue terminates with the standard plastic spoked cowl that everyone else seems to have. The wall is exposed, with no internal or external corners nearby. Most plumbing and gas retailers so far have looked extremely blank when I tell them that my modern boiler blows out because of the wind. The only constructive comment so far is that perhaps the seals are wrong where the flue connects to the boiler.

Sponsored Links
i agree , a good service may sort it out , try disconnecting the wire next to the flame sensor (at the board ) see wot you get then

try disconnecting the wire next to the flame sensor (at the board ) see wot you get then.

You'll find you get boiler lock out :idea:

Problem here is, badly adjusted burner pressure giving flame lift, therfor no flame rectification, burner drops out (FFD working) as there is a call for heat or hot water boiler re-ignites.

Hoptubtowers, call an engineer and he will check pressures.

IIIIIIIIII Thankyou ;)

is it going out at the same time span intervals, eg every 30 secs or 60 secs? if so could be breathing in its own exhaust and starving its self of oxygen to burn. Check flue is fitted correctly and that exhaust part of flue is connected properly and hasn't 'dropped' out of retainer in outside cowl :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back