Ferroli F30 pressure problem, 1.5 to 3.0 bar & then 0bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello - hope you can help,

we have a Ferroli F30 boiler (14mths new) that normally shows 1.0 to 1.5 bar on the front-panel gauge when CH is cold. When CH is running this eventually increases to 3.0 bar when the pressure relief valve operates (read the manual!) and we see water dripping out of an "overflow" pipe from the boiler down into a drain we have in the garage. If the CH is turned off it slowly comes down to about 2.0 bar but continues dripping water into the drain. I think this has happened over the last few weeks as we have also increased the CH temp. up to about 70 deg.

If the CH is off at midnight and the gauge is at 1.5 bar I check again at 7am the gauge shows 0 bar - I have to re-fill again from the top-up valve the engineer fitted. It seems like the whole lot has drained as when I use the top-up valve there's a hell of a lot of water that goes back into the system.

Is there some type of blockage possibly in the CH that causes this? Would anyone have any more ideas please?

What I am doing tonight is to lower the temp dial back to 51 degrees to see if it stops pressure increase (manual says not to go below 50 deg in winter).

cheers,
Adrian

Sponsored Links
hi
With my boiler the problem was no air in the expansion vessel. This seems to cause this problem.

But yours may be different... I am definitely a novice:)
AM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back