Ferroli Modena

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Ferroli Modena boiler which was installed in Feb 2000. I have a maintenace contract with British Gas. I have been having intermitten hotwater problems with the boiler over the last year and half.

The thermistor has been replace and the hot water is still dicky. It gets really hot then cuts out. The cold flow last for much longer than the hot flow.

The latest in a string of diagnosis from British Gas engineers is that the heat exchanger needs replacing at a cost of £600> Damage is due to scale and this isn't covered in the maintenance contract.
:eek:

My question is - would it be cheaper for me to descale?
If not, I might as well buy a new boiler for that price.

Many Thanks in advance for all your suggestions! :LOL:

Ian

Sponsored Links
I've had this problem on this model before, you need to phone ferolli technical.....I can remember that something on the CH side affects the hot water. Best bet is change both thermistors, electrodes and leads, it was definitely one of those components.My memory is hazy I'm sorry.

ollski's right. the primary thermistor can shut down the dhw on the modena/domina range. definately the first thing to try. I can't believe BG struggled to suss this one, they are after all the best engineers non? The telly adverts say so, they've got an academy and everything.

Sponsored Links
on the modena the thermisters run in series so change ch as well, if there is no noise (kettling) to boiler then it aint scale, if it is get some one else to quote as bg think of a number times it by 11 then add 20% and thats plus vat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back