Fiesta Engine Oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I Have a Ford Fiesta Classic Car :cool: "N Reg" 1.8L Diesel, :evil:
Do Any Of You People Know What Kind Of Engine Oil This Car Uses?
I'm Ok With Petrol Engines, But Not Sure About Diesels,
I Was Assuming Ordinary 20/50 Motor Oil, But Thought I Would check With You Guys First, Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
paulh53 said:
Hi Guys, I Have a Ford Fiesta Classic Car :cool: "N Reg" 1.8L Diesel, :evil:
Do Any Of You People Know What Kind Of Engine Oil This Car Uses?
I'm Ok With Petrol Engines, But Not Sure About Diesels,
I Was Assuming Ordinary 20/50 Motor Oil, But Thought I Would check With You Guys First, Cheers :D

Just buy the oil that say "for diesel engined vehicles" :D

Are you talking about an oil change or a top-up?

When you get to the "oil" shelf at halfords you will see "synthetic" and "mineral" oils. No need to panic! Usually there is no issue if you mix synthetic and mineral oils, so if it is just a top-up then you don't need to know whether yours is synthetic or mineral.

I would presume there isn't any problem with mixing different grades either. Perhaps someone else can back me up on that?

I Took The Car To The Local K**k F*t To Get An Oil Change a Few Weeks Ago, But They Refused To Do It Because The Sump Drain Plug Was Very Slightly Rounded :cry:

Sponsored Links
Don't mix Semi synthetic and fully synthetic. Don't mix Synthetic and mineral. Don't go to Halfords, costs to much. Go to a motor factor they will
give you the right grade of oil for your car. Very important to get the right grade of oil.
Quick fit

Just buy the oil that say "for diesel engined vehicles"

As said - you need to get oil designed for diesel engines - they have more additives in,as diesel combusts in a different way to petrol.Diesel engine oil generally has more detergents in,so should not be used in petrol engines,at it can dissolve the carbon that gives a good gastight seal around the pistons.

Halfords 1:- Deisel oil sold in black container.
Halfords 2:- You mentioned that the garage refused to change your oil because the drain-plug was rounded. No problem just buy a new drain-plug & gasket from Halfords and use a pair of gas pliers or mole grips to undo the old one (use a file to put some 'straight-edges' on if necessary). Who cares whether it's rounded if it can be undone. BUT use a properly fitting spanner when replacing the new plug.

Back