Filling gaps in privet hedge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I cut my privet hedge well back (1 ft approx), as it was invading my garden. It's now looking rather bare but the new buds are starting to appear so I'm not worried much.

The trimming also exposed a rather ugly, half rotten 50 cm tall slatted fence that was buried in the depth of the hedge. After removing the fence there are a few substantial gaps near the ground, between my neighbours garden and mine. Now I dont want cats, foxes and children to migrate between the gardens. I initially thought of putting up a new fence at the bottom of the hedge but then dismissed the idea.

What can I plant, apart from privet, to fill the gaps quickly and preferably at a low cost. Something that will meddle nicely with privet. I guess I would need about 10 one foot tall plants.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back