filling loop question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could you answer a quick question for me regarding the filling loop.

Approx how long should I have the tap open before I start to see a difference in pressure ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly note if the filling loop has 1 or 2 isolating valves. Some have one at each end and some valves open by turning a screwdriver slot through 90 degrees. But don't confuse this with the test point on the double check valve (which looks like an iso. valve but is longer.

Once you have one or both valves open, you should hear the water entering the system. If you can't hear anything, it's not filling. Once filling, you should notice the pressure rising after a few seconds, although it varies a lot.

When you've got to 1 bar, close filling loop and vent air from system (which will have collected as a result of low pressure running before), then refill to restore pressure, etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back