filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where is the filling loop on a ravenheat rsf820?

Basically im trying to get the pressure back into the system.
At the moment its turned off, does it need to be on when i repressurize it?

Sorry to sound stupid :)

Sponsored Links
is it a combi? if so, combi's don't usually have a removeable filling loop for the heating circuit. You'll have to look in the instruction manual.

goes to show a little knowledge is.........usless

htgeng, nil points

Sponsored Links
come on, nobody's helping the wolf. The filling loop is usually situated on the pipework directly beneath the boiler. It could be hidden within a cupboard (if there's one underneath), it may not even be close to the boiler. Because the filling loop is not part of the boiler it's really down to the installer where it's put and I've seen them put in some daft places. If you don't know what you're looking for I'll give you a rough description. The filling loop will consist of 2 valves, one connected to a heating pipe, one to the cold water pipe. there will be a flexible connection between them. This connection (according to water byelaws) should be disconnected when not in use. You always have the possibility that the loop has been disconnected and lost but I've only ever been to a few houses that actually disconnect the loop. There is also the possibility that there has been a rigid pipe filling loop put in using just one valve (naughty). If you identify the cold water inlet for the boiler and start to follow it back away from the boiler you have a good chance of finding it.

repressurise a boiler whan it's cold and switched off to get a true pressure reading

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back