Finally finished my bathroom (a couple of pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally finished my bathroom here,s a couple of pics, just thought i would post the pics so those who gave advice can see the end result.

50ba6362.jpg

P1010002.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well from the limited view in the pics the six tiles I can see look well. :D

Nice to have some feedback - good man!

Sponsored Links
Hotwire
Well Done ..:)
I hate to see those slithers of tiles in corners ..good job.. ;)

Zampa, Palmolive the better half tells me. Thanks for the thumbs up Moz.

Hotwire said:
Zampa, Palmolive the better half tells me. Thanks for the thumbs up Moz.

Yep..your right... :LOL:

Room looks well...you cant beat the bigger tiles for a nice classy look...shame more people cant stick pix on here, it would make things so much easier when doing a diagnosis'

Having said that..it takes a while to suss all the 'uploading/downloading/img stuff out...never thought id do it

Having said that..it takes a while to suss all the 'uploading/downloading/img stuff out...never thought id do it[/quote]

Your not wrong there, someone make it a bit easier please, then we could all have an easy life posting our worries

skybluescooby said:
Having said that..it takes a while to suss all the 'uploading/downloading/img stuff out...never thought id do it

Your not wrong there, someone make it a bit easier please, then we could all have an easy life posting our worries[/quote]

unfortunatly sky theres only one way to do it..once sussed it isnt to bad..you find a site like photobucket to host your pics...register with it...upload the pics...get the url from the properties of the pic click IMG on here..paste the url address then click IMG again..

Some sites supply the tags for you depending on where you intend pasting the pic

I was a bit worried over using large tiles in a small bathroom, thinking it was gonna look daft but my wife fell in love with the tiles as soon as she seen them. So they were duly bought and your right Zampa large tiles do look classy.

Hotwire
I have always stressed that big tiles do look the BIZ.....an diagonal ones on floors laid towards the door makes the room tardis like ....(without the daleks ,lol)

+ as said here ......it doesnt matter all the sliced fingers an hassles you had doing the job ... as long as the wife /lady partner is loving the finished Tiled bathroom , its Your work an its perfect :) :)

looks a fantastic job.

I'm in the process of tiling my bathroom... And wondered how you did the internal corners?

Mike

an diagonal ones on floors laid towards the door makes the room tardis like

Moz i will bear that in mind, if i can be encouraged to go near a tiling job ever again :LOL:

mikeybowler,im well pleased with it. As for the internal corners it was nothing special, i just put tiles on one wall and brought the tiles on the joining wall up to them and left a gap for the grout. The gap was made using the tile spacers i had been using. The invaluble piece of kit doing the tiling was definately the electric tile cutter, worth there weight in gold. I never broke a single tile.

for the diyer
I recommend the tommy walsh electric tile cutter wet an dry , BUT put plastic sheeting down (or a cheap kids paddling pool )if using on the bathroom floor , lol

went to a job years ago while on the tools an this guy had tiled half his bathroom ,
great job
til he rang me in near tears ,
as he had been going a good one with his then tile cutter an refilling the water sump an refilling it ,

til his neighbour in the flat below came home an he had flooded his bedroom below with dirty tile water ,
it had took his ceiling down too,lol ...lol OH Dear ..lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back