Finding matching wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

When my house was built in 2002, 15x15cm cream wall tiles from Wickes were used in the bathroom. Now, I need to replace some of the tiles and extend the tiled area to accommodate a new mixer/shower.

However, I have now found out that Wickes have discontinued that particular line of tiles (they only do 15x15cm in white!) and even though there are plenty of other shops that do do a range of 15x15cm cream wall tiles, they are always a noticeably different shade!

Any suggestions of what I should do? Do you think there's any way round it, or will I just have to re-tile the whole room. The staff in Wickes weren't particularly helpful on this occassion (although they have been on other issues in the past, so I won't hold it against them!)

Any advice much appreciated!

Kind regards

Jon

Sponsored Links
Even if you managed to get the exact same tile now, it would be from a different tone/calibre (ie:- batch) so the likelihood of them matching either in shade or size would be small. Either redo the whole lot or use something like a mosaic to fill in, which will give you a complete contrast rather than trying to match up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back