Finishing parquet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just finished installing an oak parquet floor. It just needs sanding and finishing.

I'm confident on the sanding but any ideas how to finish it, theres loads of oils, waxes, laquers, varnishes and I'm confused what I need.

Its for the entrance hall so fairly high traffic, any ideas on what to use?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
HardWaxOil is still our favourite, easy to apply, hard-wearing also.

I would use varathane (oil or water base your choice) hard coat long lasting and easy to clean also good sealer for water on wet days

Thanks for the response. Are any manufacturers better than others (or is that a trade name)? Am I right in thinking I apply HardWaxOil, then I finish with something else, or is HardWax Oil all I need?

Thanks again

WoodYouLike said:
HardWaxOil is still our favourite, easy to apply, hard-wearing also.

Sponsored Links
Again, thanks for the response, I'll look into it.

crazycanuck said:
I would use varathane (oil or water base your choice) hard coat long lasting and easy to clean also good sealer for water on wet days

There are various brands: Osmo, Blanchon and other wooden flooring manufacturers own brands (mostly coming from well-known brands with 'company' name on it).

HardWaxOil is all you need, apply two layers (second one not later than 48 hours after the first)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back