Firetuf cable

mo2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently posted a topic about home cineman cabling, but only got replies from one member. I am guessing it was because I was asking so many questions at the same time so here goes only one queation:

http://tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FT2dot5slash2.html

What I want to do with this stuff is run it line with my scart av hdmi whatever cables to my plasma. I have not used it before and was wondering if anybody else has. Do I use the glands intead of grommets?

my plan is to have an FCU on the ring main - run the firetuf up from this and connect it to a flex outlet that has terminals inside so no crimping like this one -

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I am assuming to shield the mains?

You use normal grommets in the back boxes, and depending on the make of the cable, you may need a furrel - rare these days though. They were used to protect the very soft silicon insulation from the sharp foil at the terminations.

thanks for the fast reply - yes to stop any interference that I have read about

I would think you would be far better to go for a foil screened scart as opposed to a foil screened mains cable, and ideally route them in different directions anyway!

Is it not possible for the mains to come down to the TV, and scart to go up?

Why are you using scart? Does the TV have speakers built in? You may find that an S-Video cable with a seperate audio cable (if required) would be far eaiser to install. This is how I have been doing it. You can get (or make) a converter from scart to S-video.

Sponsored Links
i haven't actually got the TV yet - I just want to make the space so that I can simply drop cables from the plasma to a point below . This is ideal while the room is at the stage it is - and I cant really drop the mains from above because above is a hefty wordrobe on carpetted floorboards(phew it's not chipboard)

I hope to get the tv as hdtv prices start to fall or as soon as I can afford it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back