Fittin new Toilet Syphon-Close coupling toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have bought a new Toilet Syphon from wickes as my old one wasn't returning after flusing, thing is I can't remember the order that the washers go in, and it is leaking a bit, can any one advise? It looks simular to item not 44047 on http://www.scewfix.co.uk/.

I am sure the old Toilet Syphon had 2 washers inside the tank, a white fabric one and then Black rubber one, thing is i can't remember what went after the cistern, was it washer then coupling plate, the plastic nut, the Dough nut washer?

Please help..

Steve

Sponsored Links
I would say :

Rubber washer on, then insert through tank (i.e. rubber washer inside), Use a bit of silicon greese perhaps on rubber washer.

Then pvc washer, then plate and large PVC nut. The doughnut washer goes over the nut with curvey side down to fit the toilet inlet or just press the doughnut washer onto the toilet inlet first. Use the old doughnet if it's good enough, otherwise the new one will be a different thickness and the tank won't line up with the holes in the wall.

Push the two metal bolts through the metal plate holes and lower the tank into place, adjusting the bolts so they go through the holes in the pan. May need help to line-up the bolts. On bolts, rubber washer, metal washer then wing nuts, hand tighten only.

Thanks for the help :D
Got it sorted, had my builder friend come around this morning, what we did was:-
On the inside of the cistern:-

White Fabric \ Rubber washer
Black rubber washer

Cleaned up cistern as the bottom of the cistern had some rust on it from the old plate ( even though the cistern is Not plastic or Metal, china or something?)

So on the outside, Bottom of cistern

Rubber washer
Then Plate
I had a new plate, but decided to clean up old plate, that was quite rusty, but decided to re-use it, as the new plate had slots in in fro the screws for the wing nuts, that would fall out easily.
Then the Big plastic nut, then the doughnut washer
We had 2 doughnut washer's,a soft one and then a more solid one that was slightly smaller at the bottom,
decided to use the soft one, as the cistern could not go down that far with the more solid one.
Any way put it all back and it's OK now..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back